A minor fire outbreak has occurred in a section of the administrative building of the palace of the Ooni of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi, in Ile-Ife, Osun State.
There was no major damage from the fire and no one was injured.
The fire incident was reported to have occurred on Wednesday at about 1:15 p.m. It lasted for about 20 minutes before it was quenched.
The Director of Media and Public Affairs in the palace, Moses Olafare, when contacted, confirmed the incident. He said the fire was suspected to have been caused by an electric spark, stating that measures are ongoing to confirm the cause of the incident
“The Palace of the Ooni of Ife, Ooni Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi Ojaja II, wishes to inform the entire public that a minor fire outbreak involving a tiny part of one of the administrative buildings within the premises of the palace occurred at about 1:15 p.m. today, Wednesday 19th, August 2020, leaving no harm to the oldest palace in Yoruba land.
There was no life loss, the fire was just a minor occurrence.